Big Brother Studios

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Your Projects > Battlefront Privates: Return To Duty

ToyBox Films
Administrator

This is a possible film in the Flanagan & Blake movie series.

--

I acquired this file from a homeless hobbit. I took pity on him, and gave him 30 gold pieces and a firm handshake.

August 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

A script is in the works.

--

I acquired this file from a homeless hobbit. I took pity on him, and gave him 30 gold pieces and a firm handshake.

August 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Timidator

we havent even shot any of the first one and the summer is nearing its end, :(

--

"Time isn't a straight line. It's all... bumpy-wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything's impossible."

August 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Here is the chapter list for this serial.

Battlefront Privates: Return to Duty

Chapter 1 The Great Detectives

Chapter 2 The Gamble

Chapter 3 The Heist

Chapter 4 One Fine Mess

Chapter 5 Sweet Revenge

Chapter 6 Oh, Pardon Me!

Chapter 7 A Nation At War

Chapter 8 The Final Draft

Chapter 9 On Parade

Chapter 10 Return To Duty

Chapter 11 Frontline Assault

Chapter 12 When Ravens Attack

Chapter 13 Attack!

Chapter 14 Escape Plan

Chapter 15 One Fine Day

Chapter 16 Triumph!

Chapter 17 Heroes Welcome

Chapter 18 Pomp And Circumstance

Chapter 19 Election Day!

Chapter 20 End Of Service

--

September 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Timidator

nice, very nice...

--

"Time isn't a straight line. It's all... bumpy-wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything's impossible."

September 27, 2011 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Made some minor changes to the chaper titles and got a few more ideas down.

--

June 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Made a little more progress with this project. Also the items I've bought already can be used again in this film.

--

September 29, 2012 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Since the rough draft for The Great Caper script is nearly finished. I'll start in on this monster of a beast. So many ideas, not sure how to fit them all in.

--

July 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Very slow going on this script. I've been making notes and coming up with concept ideas but I've hit a wall a few time in the past year or so. Fortunately I am about 2/3 of the way through the skeleton version. Then onto the treatment and rough draft. Since Ed came over, we had talked about the good old days and might do some brainstorming and concept talks in the near future.

--

October 29, 2014 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Still coming up with concept ideas to complete this portion of the trilogy. Hoping to get inspired like I did when writing The Great Caper in the summer of 2013. Only time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

--

May 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr. X

no updates?

--

what's up homeboys?

January 27, 2016 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Hey all! Back on here after a very long time away. Like about a full year! LOL! So to answer your question, there has been updates to the script. But with work and family take up most of my free time, not to mention yard work and other daily activities that needs my attention, it goes without saying that I don't have much time to really work on the script. I have been writing down ideas that come to me every so often, but on paper of typed out on the computer the script is NOT done. I have however just had anamazing breakthrough in my writter block and came up with the last 20-30 minutes of the movies with at work. I wasn't able to write it down at that very moment but did use my voice recorder and too notes when I got home that day. So yeah, in my head the movie is complete and is awesome but the official script is NOT finished, as of yet. We'll see how things work out in the next few months and when I finally do finish this script I will make an update on here. It's been only SIX YEARS for this concept so far so anything can happen, and just to let everyone know it has been much harder fo write this one without Ed, (he's been busy working too) The first script tooks up a year to complete. The second took me three years to complete and this one looks like it will take six or seven years to complete. I'm hoping to finish the rough draft for this one this year. So the first one started in 2009, completed 2010. The second started 2010, completed 2013. The third started 2010, completed 2016? Who knows.so yeah I'll make an update when It is done.

--

May 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Made more progress with the script. Yeah! :)

--

May 10, 2016 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

This would be much easier if Ed and I would do a concept talk again. :roll:

--

May 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Just a quick update here. I've been doing some concept ideas recording with my voice recorder over the past few months and have put them into goldwave to streamline the audio into a pretty good edit for a concept talk. I find that it makes it much easier to write if I record my ideas and the listen to it at a later date to help develope the ideas more. When doing this over the past week, I search through some of the older folders within the Battlefront Privates: Return To Duty folder and found some concept ideas I had recorded back in 2014.

I'm still working hard at coming up with the mid point to the ending of this film. But with any luck I will have made some progress by summers end. My goal is to have the rough draft complete by the end of August of this year (2016).

--

June 15, 2016 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Major updates to the script have been done. Still working on banging out more new ideas soon.

--

July 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

Huge updates! The flood gates have opened up. Yesterday at work I was able to write down 4 major scenes. Like Ed and I have said in the past, writing comes so easy when you have the right spark. Then again it can also shut down completely, like it had for the past 3-5 years.

But anyway, I'm glad to get this thing rolling again. Hopefully my inspiration can get me through until the end of the script. Here's hoping.

:)

--

July 16, 2016 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

So it looks like I'm hitting a block again. After the last week or so, I've made great progress. Just really in need of filling in the end protion to the script for this rough draft. Then on to the second draft for more fine tuning.

I have the basic skeleton of the ending but it sometimes gets a little hard to get the spark of inspiration to complete each scene. Hopefully I can muscle my way through this sudden case of writers block.

--

July 18, 2016 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr. X

Hey man it's about time you guys got off your asses and did something. kudos to you for writing so much over the past 5-6 years. i know i wouldn't be able to get that done. i've written a few short film scripts before but nothing like you! keep up the good work man. peace.

--

what's up homeboys?

July 19, 2016 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ToyBox Films
Administrator

So I have the basic ending written down in my notes but have just hit anothe road block. Can't get past it right now so I will type out all my resent ideas into the script and take some time to get inspired again. Maybe in a few weeks time I can come back and plow through this current state of writer block.

--

July 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.